The website will not record any personally identifiable information about you without your consent. Any personal information that you submit will be collected and held in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. It will only be used for the following purposes:
- To provide the services you request from Venture Taranaki
- To provide further information to you about services Venture Taranaki considers may be of interest to you
- For research purposes
- For other uses that you authorise.
You can access and request correction of your personal information at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer, Joanne McKnight (see details below).
Collection of personal information
Personal information may be collected directly from a user when that user:
- Emails an enquiry, phones or otherwise contacts Venture Taranaki
- Makes an enquiry or booking with a third party via our website
- Adds a comment to any of Venture Taranaki’s social media accounts
- Registers or attends a Venture Taranaki event
- Uses a Venture Taranaki service
- Subscribes to Venture Taranaki’s news feeds
- Gives feedback to Venture Taranaki
- Lodges a complaint.
Venture Taranaki also collects non-identifiable information about users’ interaction with Venture Taranaki’s information technology systems. This includes use of the website and web services and emails sent to/from Venture Taranaki’s information system.
Venture Taranaki uses analytics to analyse web traffic based on specific behaviour, demographic, and interest data. Venture Taranaki may collect statistical information about visits to the website, including:
- IP addresses
- Search terms used
- Pages accessed from the website and clicks on links
- Dates and times at which the website is accessed
- The referring site (if any) through which the website is accessed
- Operating systems
- Web browsers.
The data collected is aggregated and is not personally identifiable. IP addresses are masked so that they cannot be used to identify individuals and analytics will also respect any ‘do not track’ settings on web browsers.
Use of personal information
Any information collected by Venture Taranaki may be used for the following purposes:
- Administering and/or improving the website
- Providing and improving Venture Taranaki’s services
- Market research and data analysis
- Investigating and/or responding to a user’s enquiry or complaint
- Marketing, promotional and publicity purposes
- To provide information to users about other websites and services that Venture Taranaki considers may be of interest to users
- Such other use as the user authorises.
Disclosure of personal information
Venture Taranaki will only share personal information with other parties in the following circumstances:
- Where Venture Taranaki has the user’s consent \
- To any third-party contractor to the extent necessary for that third-party contractor to achieve any of the purposes listed above on Venture Taranaki’s behalf
- To improve cyber security
- If Venture Taranaki reasonably believes giving the information may help prevent or resolve fraud, money laundering, unauthorized access to or attacks on Venture Taranaki’s information technology systems or other crimes
- To comply with the law of New Zealand or other jurisdiction
- To be used for research or statistical purposes and not be published in a form that could reasonably be expected to identify the individual concerned.
Storage of personal information
Venture Taranaki will take all reasonable steps and maintain appropriate processes to prevent unauthorised access to, or use of, the personal information Venture Taranaki collects.
Any personal information provided to Venture Taranaki will be collected and held at Venture Taranaki’s offices, 9 Robe Street, New Plymouth and/or cloud providers or data centres used by Venture Taranaki. When Venture Taranaki uses cloud providers or data centres to store and manage personal information it will ensure that appropriate security measures are in place.
Links to social networking services
Venture Taranaki uses social networking services to communicate with the public about Venture Taranaki’s work. When users interact with Venture Taranaki via these services, the social networking services may collect users’ personal information for their own purposes. Such services have their own privacy policies which users are advised to read.
Your rights and choices
- You have the right to request access to any personal information that Venture Taranaki holds about you.
- If such information is inaccurate, you can request that Venture Taranaki correct it.
- Users can also ask to be removed from any of Venture Taranaki’s subscription lists at any time.
In addition to the rights listed above, if you are in the European Economic Area you also have rights to:
- Know what personal information Venture Taranaki holds about you, and to make sure its correct
- Request a copy of your personal information or ask Venture Taranaki to restrict processing it or delete it
- Object to Venture Taranaki’s continued processing of your personal information and ask Venture Taranaki to delete all personal information held about you
- Complain to your local information protection authority about how Venture Taranaki is processing your personal information.
You can request to exercise these rights by contacting Venture Taranaki’s Privacy Officer:
Ph: 06 759 5155
For more information on the privacy laws in NZ and contact details for the Office of the Privacy Commissioner, please visit the Privacy Commissioner’s website: https://www.privacy.org.nz/